The other day, I was sprucing up my about page, and as I thought about how I began to get interested in style, I remembered all the joy I used to have right around this time of the year.
Starting in high school, I would wait eagerly to get the back to school issue of Seventeen magazine, and I made sure to devour it completely, before my mother and I went school shopping.
I looked up some of those old magazine covers on Google. And seeing them created such a poignant moment of nostalgia, it was like I was right back there, sitting at my dining room table, turning down the pages of the styles I wanted to replicate.
Do you have any fond memories connected to seasonal shopping?
More than any other season, fall beckons me to examine the current state of affairs and see if there are capsule wardrobe changes I want to make, new style strategies I need so that I can replace what's no longer working, or missing pieces that would add just the right touch to a wardrobe I already love.
The Free Five-Day Fall Fashion Challenge
It starts today, so if you haven't joined us yet, there is still time, and you won't have missed a thing. I'm excited to offer it and to participate in it myself.
Shari Braendel, from FashionMeetsFaith.com, is the creator of this challenge, and I have been looking forward to it, ever since I heard about it. But even though it's her challenge, I've got some extra goodies planned if you join through my link. :)
Five Reasons to Join the Challenge
(1) For me, the biggest reason is that you are sure to get some new ideas that will make the clothes you already have feel more fun to wear.
(2) You may get practical style tips that make any shopping you want to do easier, less expensive and more rewarding. As you have probably heard me say before, always shop your closet first - you might already have what you need!
(3) Many of us have already adjusted what we are wearing in response to the pandemic, but if you are not 100% satisfied with what you are wearing now, this challenge will help.
(4) Because it is only a 5-day commitment, you won't be overwhelmed by a ton of information, or asked to make huge changes. Five-day challenges are designed for quick wins.
(5) Sometimes you don't reach your goal because you aren't clear about what it is. If creating or defining your personal style is difficult in any way, doing a style challenge will be like shining a light on the problem.
Five days from now, you will see your own style more clearly, and be able to create a clearer goal and a plan more accomplishing it.
Here are the topics you can expect to learn about during the challenge...
By the way, check out my video below for the best reason I have ever heard of for doing this challenge.
Have you ever participated in a 5-day challenge before?
Hope to hang out with you during this one.
See you tomorrow!
My mission is to help you discover, embrace and celebrate your own beauty and style.
Thanks for dropping by! I'll see you soon.
All 10x10 Challenge Capsule Guides Capsule Wardrobe Capsule Wardrobe Color Palette Casual Mom Capsule Wardrobe Celebrity Women Of Color Clear Dominant Closet Detox Color Analysis Color Analysis For Black Skin Color Analysis For Women Of Color Cool Dominant Daily Uniform Deep Dominant Fall Capsule Wardrobe Fashion Mood Board French Capsule Wardrobe French Minimalist Style Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Gamine Style Homebody Outfit Formula Light Dominant Loungewear Capsule Wardrobe Mini Capsule Mini-capsule Mini Capsule Wardrobe Outfit Formula Outfit Formula Capsule Wardrobe Process Outfit Formula Ideas Personalized Color Palette Plus Sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Plus-sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Signature Style Soft Dominant Spring Capsule Wardrobe Style Challenge Style Personality Tonal Color Analysis Warm Dominant Winter Capsule Wardrobe