Do you still find yourself thinking about style, these days?
Style is a little excursion into self-expression through clothes. It is self-knowledge and self-confidence expressed through what you choose to wear, a life-affirming expression of your character and spirit. - The Value of Style, Psychology Today
Meaningful Style & Self Expression in the Time of COVID-19
Style, and the way we approach it, has been turned on its side a bit by our pandemic experience.
Many of us are working from home, or spending more time at home than we did before. And when are away from home, most of us will wear a mask, and we may be more focused on protecting our health and the health of others, than on how we look.
But I believe it is still important to create an everyday signature style, adapted to our current experience, that expresses who we are. And to stay present to ourselves, so that as we change and adapt in response to what's going on in our world, our self-expression, in style, can adapt, too.
Style is the ability to distinctively sort through the maze of things, make a selection and do so in a way that is in keeping with how we see ourselves. With style, we stamp our personal identity on an arrangement of things. - The Value of Style, Psychology Today
Signature Style: The Trifecta
In order to create your best expression of personal, signature style, you need the trifecta. These three facets of style, together, empower you to craft an expression of your style that will both look good and feel good. They are...
(1) Your signature color palette - this color palette identifies the specific colors that were meant for you, personally, against a backdrop of the color palette for your type. Have you taken the free color analysis quiz for women of color?
(2) Your style type - knowing the lines and shapes your body creates will empower you to choose the clothes that enhance the way you were made, by repeating it beautifully. Read my recent post about Kibbe style types and then, take the Kibbe quiz for black women.
(3) Your style personality - this one has you all over it. It's the way to tailor what you wear on the outside to who you are on the inside. Stay tuned, because next month in just a couple of days,) I'll give you a master list of style personality quizzes and tell you which ones I like most.
Style tells a silent story about who you are.
Can you think of three qualities you'd like for your style to express. Tell me in a comment.
See you tomorrow!
A few days ago, we talked about creating a fall mini capsule wardrobe and a daily uniform. I wanted to follow up on that post by offering you a free printable planner you can use to jot down your ideas for both.
In a comment, let me know which colors you have chosen.
See you next time!
Gotta admit that that has been my experience at least a time or two ... thousand! ;)
And the fall season has often been prime buying time for working women, families who have kids going back to school and any woman wanting a few new things as the temperatures change. But this fall season is a sea change away from our normal experience, wouldn't you say?
So what are those of us who are used to looking forward to what fall offers to do now, when there might not be anything we need, this time around?
If your wallet is thinner and your budget has shrunk, is there anything you should consider buying during this season? I do have a suggestion...
5 Reasons to Buy a Duster Cardigan (or Two) this Fall
(1) It will help to relieve the monotony of wearing the same things more often than usual.
(2) It will help to provide warmth during grocery shopping trips or for running other errands.
(3) It can replace your robe and upgrade your daily uniform.
(4) It will be easy to slip on and a nice upgrade for at-home wear when you unexpectedly need to leave the house.
(5) It will add instant outfit support if you have any Zoom meetings to attend.
Will you be adding duster cardigans - or regular ones - to your wardrobe this fall?
See you tomorrow!
My mission is to help you discover, embrace and celebrate your own beauty and style.
Thanks for dropping by! I'll see you soon.
All 10x10 Challenge Capsule Guides Capsule Wardrobe Capsule Wardrobe Color Palette Casual Mom Capsule Wardrobe Celebrity Women Of Color Clear Dominant Closet Detox Color Analysis Color Analysis For Black Skin Color Analysis For Women Of Color Cool Dominant Daily Uniform Deep Dominant Fall Capsule Wardrobe Fashion Mood Board French Capsule Wardrobe French Minimalist Style Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Gamine Style Homebody Outfit Formula Light Dominant Loungewear Capsule Wardrobe Mini Capsule Mini-capsule Mini Capsule Wardrobe Outfit Formula Outfit Formula Capsule Wardrobe Process Outfit Formula Ideas Personalized Color Palette Plus Sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Plus-sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Signature Style Soft Dominant Spring Capsule Wardrobe Style Challenge Style Personality Tonal Color Analysis Virtual Style Day Warm Dominant Winter Capsule Wardrobe