12/14/2021 0 Comments
Here are style tips that help you resolve the challenges that get in the way of creating your personal or signature style...
How to Use Problem Area Style Strategies to Build Your Capsule Wardrobe
Here's a strategy you can use to build a capsule wardrobe that guarantees that every outfit will avoid or resolve your signature style challenges...
(1) Choose 2-3 style strategies to focus on, and gather together whatever you already have in your closet that matches those tips.
(2) Notice how many different outfits you can create just with you have already.
(3) Make a wish list of the wardrobe basics that would help to create even more outfits or that would add another problem-solving strategy, and when you can, add those pieces to your wardrobe.
Are you beginning to envision what that would look like for you?
We are continuing the signature style series this week, where we identify solutions to the body type challenges you experience as you create personal style. And today, we are looking at the challenges Christmas Trees experience, and I'll give you style tips for resolving them...
5 Style Tips for the Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree is a name I chose for women who experience fullness challenges below the waist. The problem area could be their hips or their rear end, but either way, women often aren't sure how to dress in such a way that those areas are not an immediate focus of attention.
Here are three tips to help you resolve either challenge...
(1) Aim for hems that are just above or a little below the widest part of your body.
(2) Add width above the waist with square necklines, rounder ones, shoulder pads, and/or chunky earrings and other accessories.
(3) If your legs are tapered, don't wear wide-legged pants, but do add width at the bottom, with bootcut jeans or pants.
Column Dressing for the Christmas Tree
Monochromatic outfits will work well on you. But if you try adding a third piece, for column dressing, match the topper and the pants, but choose a contrasting color for your top.
Is this your type?
See you tomorrow!
This week, we are exploring how to resolve the body type challenges that get in the way of creating signature style. Today's topic is what I like to call The Santas and the Christmas Cookies. Keep reading to see what I mean...
5 Style Tips for Santas and Christmas Cookies
The Santa and the Christmas Cookie are two different body types who often share both similar challenges and similar solutions to them. They both gain weight above the hips.
Santas have belly issues and Christmas Cookies have rounded bodies that are widest at the waist and belly areas. If you can relate, here are five tips that will help you create a signature style that works for you...
(1) Push your sleeves up - anyone remember sleeve bands? I used to wear them every day so that I could keep my sleeves in a permanently pushed-up position.
(2) Wider on top, narrow on the bottom - most Santas and Christmas Cookies have narrow hips and tapered legs. Try different fabrics to see if you need your wider on top to be more flowy or more boxy.
(3) Bring the eye up - wear patterned tops, or prints, add scarves or necklaces and earrings that center attention on your beautiful face and shoulders.
(4) Don't cinch your waist - no belts or elastic waistlines
(5) Lower hems - the bottom of your tops should be below the belly. Try for right around the place where your body becomes more narrow.
Column Dressing for the Santa and the Christmas
Wearing monochromatic outfits is likely to be very flattering.
And column dressing is, as well, but make sure to match the inside pieces. If you add a topper, choose a different color.
Is one of these your body type?
About the names. I wanted to give them names that had no negative connotations. And what could be more positive than Christmas?
See you tomorrow!
My mission is to help you discover, embrace and celebrate your own beauty and style.
Thanks for dropping by! I'll see you soon.
All 10x10 Challenge Capsule Guides Capsule Wardrobe Capsule Wardrobe Color Palette Casual Mom Capsule Wardrobe Celebrity Women Of Color Clear Dominant Closet Detox Color Analysis Color Analysis For Black Skin Color Analysis For Women Of Color Cool Dominant Daily Uniform Deep Dominant Fall Capsule Wardrobe Fashion Mood Board French Capsule Wardrobe French Minimalist Style Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Gamine Style Homebody Outfit Formula Light Dominant Loungewear Capsule Wardrobe Mini Capsule Mini-capsule Mini Capsule Wardrobe Outfit Formula Outfit Formula Capsule Wardrobe Process Outfit Formula Ideas Personalized Color Palette Plus Sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Plus-sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Signature Style Soft Dominant Spring Capsule Wardrobe Style Challenge Style Personality Tonal Color Analysis Virtual Style Day Warm Dominant Winter Capsule Wardrobe