I come from a lineage of women with beautiful variations of dark skin tones. Unfortunately, most of their shades of brown were excluded from the cosmetics industry during that time so they weren’t afforded the opportunities that brown girls have now. I’m thankful that the cosmetics industry is making major strides when it comes to foundation but there’s still more work to be done. - Seventeen.com
Foundation Tips for Women of Color
(1) Use a foundation that matches your undertone.
(2) You may need to mix together two foundation shades.
(3) The chest area or jawline are the best areas to test foundations.
(4) Use a lighter foundation on your t-zone & darker one on the outer edges of your face.
(5) Get color matched every season, because your complexion may change.
(6) Before applying foundation, use concealer for darker areas
(7) Use gentle skincare products to help even your skin tone
Note: did you know that hyperpigmentation can be caused by your skin's reaction to harsh chemicals in the products you use on your face?
Which Foundation is Right for You?
Click the image below if you want to take a closer look...
Take the Foundation Quiz
The Foundation Matching Quiz was designed with women of color in mind and may help you identify your perfect foundation color. Take the quiz here.