5 Reasons to Create a Mini Capsule
There was always an upcoming event, and thus an excuse to go out and buy something new. I have eliminated this scenario by making a well crafted little mini-capsule. - uselesswardrobe.dk
It's certainly possible to create a mini capsule. And in fact, in just a few minutes, I'll show you that it's actually easy.
But why should you consider creating one? Here are several possibilities...
(1) Self-care - you've just had a bad break-up, or you're sniffling an sneezing with this year's flu. And you have a mini capsule for each, along with a style uniform for bad days, down days, and more.
(2) Self expression - you want to connect with or focus more deeply on a part of yourself, like your faith, or your self-confidence. Or a hobby you love.
(3) Travel, holidays, other occasional wear - many people create holiday capsules over the years without even trying. But the result could be that you have several cute red sweaters, but not enough green ones.
Being on purpose about creating this mini capsule will help you get clear about what you need.
The same thing is true if you're packing for a trip. You can get the most out of what you take if you plan it by creating a capsule.
(4) Temporary projects - whenever you're ready to start writing, you make a big pot of tea, clear your schedule for a couple of days and start looking for your coziest clothes. Why not create a cozy clothes capsule?
(5) Weekly wardrobe planning - you could choose to create a capsule every Sunday night as the week begins, based on what's coming up that week, organized around a color you have been wanting to wear more of, or just because you're in the mood to dress for a theme.
How to Create a Mini Capsule
First, identify the reason for your mini capsule.
Next choose the number of pieces you want to use for a capsule. It will match the number of days you spend wearing only those pieces. The 5x5 capsule challenge is popular right now, but you could choose 7 pieces for 7 days or 10 for 10, or whatever number you want.
Once you have settled on a number, choose the pieces you want to wear and set them aside just before it's time to wear your capsule. By the way, your accessories don't count, so you can wear as many of those as you'd like.
Once you begin wearing your capsule, write about how it's going, in your journal, and take note of any changes you would make next time around. And enjoy your mini capsule!
Did this post give you any ideas about creating your own mini capsule? Tell me in your comment.
See you next time!
Get lots of ideas for creating your mini capsule
when you download your free printable
capsule wardrobe planner
My mission is to help you discover, embrace and celebrate your own beauty and style.
Thanks for dropping by! I'll see you soon.
All 10x10 Challenge Capsule Wardrobe Capsule Wardrobe Color Palette Casual Mom Capsule Wardrobe Celebrity Women Of Color Clear Dominant Closet Detox Color Analysis Color Analysis For Black Skin Color Analysis For Women Of Color Cool Dominant Daily Uniform Deep Dominant Fall Capsule Wardrobe Fashion Mood Board French Capsule Wardrobe French Minimalist Style Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Gamine Style Homebody Outfit Formula Light Dominant Loungewear Capsule Wardrobe Mini Capsule Mini-capsule Mini Capsule Wardrobe Outfit Formula Outfit Formula Capsule Wardrobe Process Outfit Formula Ideas Personalized Color Palette Plus Sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Plus-sized Gamine Capsule Wardrobe Signature Style Soft Dominant Spring Capsule Wardrobe Style Challenge Tonal Color Analysis Warm Dominant Winter Capsule Wardrobe